Thursday, October 4, 2012

Recent Posts Shantaram by Gregory David Roberts


Before I even finished reading streetview the first page of Shantaram I knew it would be a special, special book. With the tantalizing words - 'So it begins, this story, like everything else - with a woman, and city, and a bit of luck - I was flung headfirst into a great story. The novel is superbly narrated by the protagonist Lin. While Gregory David Roberts has said not Shantaram autobiography, advanced dense Robert Lin experience mirror real life. This gives the story really feel authentic streetview voice, because Robert knows the world it describes first-hand, this allows him to create image amazingly vivid Bombay in the reader's mind. In addition, the characterization is simply breathtaking novels. Than before when read novels I believed in actuality of the characters, to an extent. They felt so real, in any sad moment in the novel, I even started to cry. I was surprised therefore when I read Robert declaration NOT the novel the characters are based on real life people. If indeed the case (and I have no reason to doubt Robert declaration) then I can only applaud such skills as a writer to create a deep-layered, multi-faceted characters Khader Khan, Didier, Karla , and Prabaker. And if that was not the brilliance of the story and characterization are many, Shantaram 's plot is also astonishing. Since the maximum security prison in Australia the slums of Bombay and even war in Afghanistan, this time in life / Lin Robert is truly amazing streetview and it would be worth reading even if it was not well written. In short it is hard to put into words just how breathtakingly amazing this book is. All I can say is that you MUST read only. It is once in a generation book.
What a wonderful review! You managed to sum up, in better words that I ever did, how big is this book! The most interesting sequence of events, occurring with incredible character. I agree with you on every level and also would definitely recommend!
I'm currently reading ...
Recent Posts Shantaram by Gregory David Roberts' The Thousand Autumns of Jacob Zoet by David Mitchell Fatherland by Robert Harris The Paris Wife by Paula McLain Life of Pi by Yann Martel Before I sleep SJ Watson streetview Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell Player One Douglas Coupland Love The Moonstone by Wilkie streetview Collins Death in the Time Cholera Gabriel Garcia Marquez Intervals with Jose Saramago God of Small Things by Arundhati Roy Pigeon English by Stephen Kelman Half of Yellow Sun by Chimamanda Adichie Ngozi

No comments:

Post a Comment